Wednesday, November 4, 2009

An apology

I must, sadly, admit that I was wrong about the newspaper merger. I doubted the reduction in staff and consolidation of media agencies would lead to increased local coverage. Clearly, my prediction was off the mark. Anyone who saw the local story on peanut butter cookies must certainly feel more connected to the community. I mean, nothing says home like cookies, right?
And how can anyone decry the local comics. You didn't find them? No, not on the opinion page; there's nothing local there. It's near the back page.
Again, I did not realize there would be so many more local stories, and I apologize for besmirching the papers' good names. Or is that the paper's good names. Or good name. I still get confused over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments including libelous language will not be allowed. Criticism of the content and/or style of any blog entry, however, is welcomed. Speech is free here, so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.