Monday, November 23, 2009

When I'm wrong ...

I had previously decried the work of CEI on the Lake Atalanta project as self-serving and self-promoting. I actually still believe that. But I would like to change my position on one aspect. In the prior post, I criticized a number of Lake Atalanta proposals, but the one in question here is a waterfall that I described as unnecessary and exorbitant. I said it had no purpose.
I was, however, presented with a possible explanation today. A waterfall would churn the lake, helping keep it cleaner looking and lowering the temperature, which would allow for stocking of fish. I can understand that. Of course, I look forward to seeing this explanation coming from CEI, but I'm taking the waterfall off my list. The paddle boats and splash pad, in case you were wondering, are still making me scratch my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments including libelous language will not be allowed. Criticism of the content and/or style of any blog entry, however, is welcomed. Speech is free here, so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.