Friday, November 27, 2009

I started this blog so many months ago just to point out what I thought about the goings on of my city. Until this week, I fumbled along almost completely unnoticed. I appreciated the blogs that brought attention to this humble effort. My eyes lit up when I saw the page views after this website was mentioned on the Arkansas Times blog. In just a few short days, the number has dropped nearly to what it was for most of those months. I have failed to draw an audience with my ramblings, but those readers I have are apparently from one of the newspapers and hurling accusations at old employees, oddly from both papers. Many included details that shouldn't have been told to a complete stranger, so it appears they would prefer to conduct a witch hunt than actual discuss the merits of what I say. As this is simply an anonymous webpage that is so easily overlooked, I would have encouraged them to ignore me rather than try to place blame, even misguidedly so. Whether the newspapers intend to improve, who knows. At this point, I have given up hope, and I will do what is my right to do and cancel my subscription. Maybe I will find new purpose for this place, and maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments including libelous language will not be allowed. Criticism of the content and/or style of any blog entry, however, is welcomed. Speech is free here, so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.